We are currently recruiting for the role of Business Analyst to join our team in Burnaby, BC
The business analyst designs and documents work flow, manages and provides solutions to ideas, trends, and concepts appropriately through the latest technological paths as it relates to our new Pension and Health Benefits Administration Platform. The business analyst understands the client and other stakeholder business requirements and then translates them to particular software requirements.
The business analyst is an integral part of the product team acting as a bridge between the client/stakeholders/product owner and team members. The goal is to own the requirements documenting process by effectively writing, managing and leading the capture of these requirements.
- Preparing accurate and detailed requirement specifications documents, user interface guides, and functional specification documents using standard templates and processes.
- Interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
- Identify and develop business and systems requirements for projects using interviews, document analysis, surveys, business process descriptions, use cases, task and workflow analysis
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and develop functional requirements.
- Designing and executing the test scripts and test scenarios
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow
- Documenting the acquired results of analysis and workflows
- Providing suggestions to the development team during the development stage of product to meet the client’s business needs
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs
- Be the liaison between the business units, technology teams and support teams
- Support the project manager in developing full-scale project plans and associated communications documents
- Coordinating with the groups of business unit who test, validate, evaluate new applications and functions, and determine issues in services and software
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations
- Develop best practices and tools for business analysis and project management
Compensation and Benefits
In addition to becoming part of a creative, challenging and stimulating work environment, we offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits plan, and flex time.
To apply for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com, quoting the job title in the subject line. We thank those who apply however only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
Desired Skills & Experience
Education & Experience
- University degree or college diploma in the field of Business Administration, Information Technology, Computer Science, or comparable areas
- 3 or more years direct work experience in a business analyst capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Certification in Business Analysis
- Familiarity with processes such as UML, use cases, user stories, test plans.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of business analysis
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
Competencies, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies
- Team player
- Customer service orientation
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts
- Strong blend of business and technical skills
- Solid mathematical aptitude and effective project management skills
- Ability to analyze and document complex business processes